Saturday, October 23, 2010

Personalized

So, I finally got somebody to send me a personalized rejection instead of just a form! ^_^

Admittedly, it's for the short story I've been waiting on, not for my novel, and it would have been even better if they'd decided to publish it. But still, receiving a note with both helpful critique ("...utimately, the story felt a little too predictable") and reassuring specifics ("It's written in a lovely, understated style...") is a step further than I've gotten with anyone else and therefore counts as a progession in my book.

I think I'm going to try a couple of flash-fiction peices before NaNo gets started, just to see if I can't get something picked up before the DFW writer's conference in February. Besides, then I can get a couple of these quirky ideas out of my head so I can buckle down on Aurorae.

...Oh yeah. I also need to find a costume for Halloween. Hm...


NaNo countdown: 8 days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment